Twellman To PNE Back On?

In the UK, the Lancashire Evening Post is reporting that Preston North End has not given up in their chase for New England Revolution star Taylor Twellman.
PNE's previous offer of $2.5 million was firmly turned away by Major League Soccer, prompting the Football League Championship side to look elsewhere. Back in America, Twellman vented his frustration over the situation to several media outlets, giving MLS a black eye of sorts for keeping him in the dark over his international options.

Now it appears that Preston is readying another run at the Kick Medic spokesman.

"We have got until midnight on Thursday," said Preston boss Alan Irvine, "and, the way things have been going, I'm fully expecting to be sitting here at Deepdale at 11:55 p.m."

From the article:

Preston, who said last week the deal was 'dead and buried', have now set Tuesday as the cut-off point for agreement to give Twellman enough time to fly over from Boston and complete the formalities, including a medical.

No comments: