6.01.2007

Week 9 Predictions

Here are my Week 9 predictions. I've seen my fellow bloggers do the whole prediction thing, but I know I can do it just a little bit better. Without further ado, here are the guaranteed, take-these-to-the-bank picks from The MLS Zone.

Saturday:

Colorado Rapids @ Toronto FC
Toronto is looking good at home and Colorado looked somewhat sluggish against the Galaxy. Herculez Gomez will be knocked down by Toronto's physical defense more times than pins at the bowling alley on a Wednesday night.
Colorado Rapids 0 - Toronto FC 2

Real Salt Lake @ New England Revolution
How many goals will Taylor Twellman score against RSL's hideous defense? That is the question - I'm leaning towards two. This game stands a good chance of being the blowout of the weekend.
Real Salt Lake 1 - New England Revolution 3

New York Red Bulls @ Kansas City Wizards
According to Ives Galarcep, Claudio Reyna will make his return to the pitch, but Todd Dunivant, Hunter Freeman and Ronald Wattereus are all out. It will likely be the most entertaining game of the weekend and nobody will see it in Kansas City. Maybe New York will feel at home in cavernous Arrowhead Stadium. Juan Pablo Angel and Jozy Altidore are just to good for the Jimmy Conrad-less K.C. defense.
New York Red Bulls 2 - Kansas City Wizards 1

D.C. United @ Los Angeles Galaxy
The Galaxy remain undermanned and D.C. United is flying high. I'm expecting another loss for my beloved Galaxy. Abel Xavier arrives in about two weeks, but that's not soon enough for the Galaxy back-line. I'll be at the game and will post a full report shortly afterwards.
D.C. United 1 - Los Angeles Galaxy 0

Sunday:

FC Dallas @ Houston Dynamo
Houston is having serious trouble finding the back of the net. In this battle of Texan franchises, I expect Kenny Cooper and Brian Ching to both get on the scoresheet. This is the sleeper of the week... not my pick... I mean I may just take a nap instead of tuning in to Telemundo's airing of this beauty.
FC Dallas 1 - Houston Dynamo 1

Columbus Crew @ Chicago Fire
Creating stiff competition for the sleeper of the week, Columbus should pull this one out over Chicago, making Dave Sarachan's seat just a little warmer. The Crew duo of Schelotto and Herron has the potential to put up some goals, especially against a fumbling Chicago defense.
Columbus Crew 2 - Chicago Fire 1

Last week's record: N/A
Overall record: N/A

No comments: