7.27.2007

Donovan Hints at Future

Los Angeles Galaxy star Landon Donovan hinted in an interview with Sky Sports News that his desire to play overseas again is growing, with England his desired target this time around.
"The older I get and the more I play, the more I'm yearning for that highest level that I can play at, and I think the Premiership would be the best place to play," said the Galaxy's #10.

At the same time, Donovan also asserted that he is happy in Los Angeles and isn't looking for a move anytime soon. "At the moment I'm happy here, at least for the next few years with Dave (Beckham) here - I want to be a part of this too."

Donovan has already played in Europe - the 25-year-old started his professional career with a rather unsuccessful stint at Bayer Leverkusen in Germany before being loaned to the San Jose Earthquakes. With rumors swirling that general manager Alexi Lalas is looking into shipping Landycakes out of L.A., he could be sold to an EPL team such as newly-promoted Derby County, a team that admittedly are aiming to target more players from North America.

No comments: